Whole House Carpet Cleaning Premium Carpet Protector Repels Dirt and Stains
It’s always a pleasure to see how bright and clean your carpets look right after they’ve been professionally cleaned by Whole House Carpet Cleaning. Now you can keep them looking new longer by adding our Premium Carpet Protection to your package. If you’ve lived in the Rochester NY area for at least a year, you know we are subject to inclement weather for many months throughout the year. Our premium carpet protector forms a molecular shield around each carpet fiber. The shield lowers the surface energy of the carpet fibers causing them to repel liquid spills and dust and dirt. This helps prevent dirt and stains from being ground into or absorbed by the fibers.
It repels most liquids, allowing spills to be removed before staining and wicking can occur. Dirt and stains cling to untreated carpet and quickly become embedded in the fibers. Carpet Protector keeps dirt from sticking to the fibers, making carpets easier to care for.
Carpet protector must be professionally applied by your carpet cleaner. It is applied by spray application, dries quickly, and leaves no odor. It is non-toxic and safe to use around your family and pets. It’s CFC- and solvent-free.
Should I have carpet protector applied to my carpet?
Unfortunately there is probably as much confusion in the carpet cleaning industry about carpet protectors as there is about cleaning. Uneducated, uninformed, and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners cause a great deal of confusion by giving out false information or intentionally misrepresenting the product.
By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet, therefore being picked up by your vacuum or cleaning. Making sure that you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet. Once it bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is no way to bring them back to their original state.
2 Primary ways that factory protector is removed from a carpet…
1. Regular foot traffic: Over a period of 6 months to 2 years depending on traffic, abrasion caused by regular foot traffic and vacuuming will remove a significant amount of the manufacturer’s protector and lower its effectiveness. Most carpet manufacturers recommend having a carpet protector reapplied after every professional cleaning.
2. High alkaline cleaners: Many carpet cleaning companies may use higher alkaline cleaning products in their cleaning process, especially when excessive soil is present. While these chemicals are effective in removing excess soil, they can be damaging to your carpet fibers and strip away most of the natural stain resistant properties of your carpet. Additionally, these chemicals don’t rinse well from your carpet, leaving behind sticky and harmful residue.
4 Mistakes Other Cleaners Make In Applying Protector
1. Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the warranty of the carpet. Whole House Carpet Cleaning of Rochester, NY uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors.
2. Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
3. Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn’t allow for complete penetration on the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our Company technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
4. Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. We thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
When you choose Whole House Carpet Cleaning of Rochester NY, you can have piece of mind that we will perform every service correctly the first time!